Duplicate Emails

More configuration changes have been made to try and resolve the duplicate emails. We’ll see how this goes over the coming days.

Still getting duplicates. Looks like upgrading Discourse was worthless.

Digest email flood is back - started getting duplicated emails every few minutes about an hour ago.

FYI, My junk mail is getting them too.

Feel LN’s pain here but I do am dying under mass spammage from the forum. In fairness to the forum s/w (Discourse) it’s not that app as a whole as I use a number of Discourse forums (and admin some) without this problem. Wish I had helpful insight as you the cause (from Discourse sites that don’t have the problem.

Odd thing, as in terms of notification I thought I’d set my prefs to not get summaries! Must dash, got a fresh batch of notifications to delete :wink:

Confirmed. Notification emails are off but they keep coming. I’ve no (user-controlled way) to purge my email addresses. Might I politely suggest all reminders/updates be turned off until the glitch is found.

Some upside, I ended up reading a few interesting threads here. Lemonade from lemons!

Ooh, 4 more “Since your last visit” emails arrived as I drafted this. Isn’t automation wonderful. :slight_smile:

Hi! Last night, after days of mass double message from the forum I decided to revise my Profile Setup to see if I could do something. I changed “Notifications” as this:

Consider topics new when
created in the last 2 days
Automatically track topics I enter
after 4 minutes
When I post in a topic, set that topic to
Tracking
Notify when liked
First time a post is liked and daily

Since those changes, the “flood” appear to been stopped… and I steel received recent post.

But I don’t know if my changes or Mark action have made the trick.

Looks like the digest email flood is back?

I seem to have received 278 of these messages on Sep 3rd.

Today I am getting duplicated emails again (the weekly summary).

Just checked my junk mail and I have multiple emails from the last few days, including duplicates of responses to my posts and duplicates of DMs on the forum. 5 to 6 messages every day for the last four days. Nothing before sept. 3.

I believe I turned off all email notifications.

I got again 50 mails (weekly summary)

I love this forum but is there a reason I’ve received 14 duplicate emails about the new posts here in the last 45 minutes?

(Times are local Japan time.)

This is getting old. 312 emails overnight. I’m not used to DoS attacks from user forums…

It’s beginning to look as if the server might be written in AppleScript :frowning:

I guarantee you it’s not, it’s probably JavaScript or one of those other great languages that people are always saying are so much better than AppleScript.

AppleScript probably wouldn’t even run on their server, which is probably linux.

2 Likes

Oh … you mean like NY Times graphics and this kind of thing ?

D3 Gallery / D3 / Observable

No. It looks like those were probably done with Adobe Illustrator, not JavaScript, etc.

Also, AI is fully scriptable, and probably all of those could be done by scripting illustrator with AppleScript (or JavaScript).

But, I still guarantee the server is not written in appleScript.

I see – perhaps you should let Mike Bostock know that :wink:

Whatever. I don’t think you are seriously claiming that the server is written with appleScript or uses appleScript at all.

It’s not. It was made using Java, Java Script, HTML 5, or any of those other languages that are said to be so much better than AppleScript. No one said those languages can’t do good things too, but this issue is not AppleScript. (If it were, it would be easy to debug and fix).

That’s all I’m saying.