More Myriad Table Questions

(Starting a new topic because Safari freezes when I scroll to the bottom of the original)

I’ve been having an issue using Myriad Tables from an Applet as an AppleScript Palette with inDesign. About every 10th time I launch a script, the applet crashes and I get an apple Crash notification.

I’ve been using the applet for months, and aside from this issue it works fine.

I can use this applet myself but I don’t think I can inflict a frequently crashing applet on users.

I don’t know if the issue is with Myriad Tables, the applet, inDesign or some combination of all three.

I’m not sure how to proceed.

Any suggestions?

Also, when I save it as an enhanced app there are other issues that I haven’t been able to track down. Errors that variables are not set that just don’t make sense.

And, it sometimes causes SD to crash if I run from SD (send crash report this morning).

Can you send me a crash report?

I’ll send you a bunch in the morning, I usually have half a dozen

So the app continued to crash, but without the appleCrash report appearing. I ran it from within SD and that generated the SD crash report which I sent from within the app.

Not so much a question but more of a feature request.

Would it be difficult to allow an icon to be displayed with a table? Not in the table itself, but in the window the way it’s done with display dialog and display alert.

(I have two identical scripts, one that controls Safari, the other Chrome, I’d like to have an icon displaying in the window to let the user know at a glance which one to click on)

It’s more work than I want to take on, honestly. But you can pretty much do what you like with the accessory view.

Create an image view and fill it with your pic (doesn’t need to be .icns file):

set theImage to current application's NSImage's alloc()'s initWithContentsOfURL:theFile
set theView to current application's NSImageView's alloc()'s initWithFrame:{{0, 0}, {64, 64}}
theView's setImage:theImage
theView's setImageScaling:(current application's NSImageScaleProportionallyUpOrDown)

Then pass that as the accessory view. The placement is a bit odd, above the buttons, but it should get the message across.

OK, I’ll try that. thanks.