ANNOUNCE: Script Debugger 7.0 (7A18)

ANNOUNCE: Script Debugger 7.0 (7A18)

A new Script Debugger 7.0 build is available. You can update to this new build within Script Debugger using the Check For Updates command in the Script Debugger menu or you can download here:

http://www.latenightsw.com/archives/beta_for_script_debugger/ScriptDebugger7.0-7A18.dmg

Release Notes

Script Debugger 7 Release Notes

Enhanced Applet Release Notes

Bundle Editor Release Notes

Changes in the 7A18 build

• 844: When an Enhanced Applet has its Show Startup flag set to TRUE and an empty script description, the following text appears in the applet’s startup screen: Your script’s description goes here.

• 838: Corrected a bug in Enhanced Applets where launching the applet by dropping files on it would cause the applet to fail to launch properly.

• 843: Enhanced Applets now show a Startup Screen when they contain an on open handler.

• 842: Corrected a bug that prevents the deletion of script variables using the explorer when debugging is enabled.

• 837: Enhanced applet scripting addition overrides activate to show sheets.

• 834: Results for Cocoa objects with very long descriptions will have them truncated.

• 832: Fixed a regression that disabled AppleScriptObjC code-completion.

• 830: Integrated FancyDroplet into Script Debugger as a new document type: enhanced application. Enhanced Applet Release Notes.

• 827: Allow Script Debugger 7 beta builds to auto-update via Sparkle.

• 547: The Open Quickly panel displays one entry for multiple search hits (name, content) on a single file. Relevance is the maximum of name or content search hits.

• 823: Advance copyright date to 2018.

• 819: Clicking a window close button while in the version browser now exits the browser.

• 818: You can now delete individual elements and element collections directly form application explorers.

• 817: You can delete sub-items items of list and records in explorers. You can also delete global variables/properties and properties of script objects from the variables explorer.

• 816: If you edit a sub-item value of a global variable (list or record), and then reset the variable’s value by re-running the script, the explorer will correctly display the list or record’s subitem values.

• 612: The Resources list contextual menu has a new menu item, Add Script Libraries Folder, which creates a Script Libraries folder in the correct directory.

• 794: Corrected a bug where the Toggle Debugging toolbar item was not available when debugging is disabled.

• 648: Code completion is again summonsed by the esc key.

• 777: Remove any existing Script Debugger.plist file when exporting as Run-Only.

The changes in the 7A18 build are actually 844/838/843/842/837/834/832, all the rest was changed in previous builds. Maybe putting a line there would make it clearer.

The fixes to Enhanced Applet appear to be working. Thanks!

I am noticing one additional issue: When saved as an Enhanced Applet, a Cancel button in display dialog does not cancel the script.

Are you sure the script hasn’t been saved as stay-open?

Not saved as stay open. Sending you the script.

It looks like the “Accept Folders” and extensions options under Droplet behavior are sticking around and applying to other scripts. Once I uncheck Accept Folders as part of a save, for example, and then open an older script, suddenly the last chosen options are being saved with that script and all other scripts I open.

Installed SD7, but it did not migrate my settings.

I found and manually moved my clippings, scripts,& templates.

Where should I look to get my key bindings & text substitutions?

You’ll need to copy the ~/Library/Preferences/com.latenightsw.ScriptDebugger6.plist file to ~/Library/Preferences/com.latenightsw.ScriptDebugger7.plist.