Which process should I quit?

I have script that has stalled. Swirly pizza won’t stop.

The script was run from the Apple Script menu. Mail was running at the time. The script also called Pages and finder. It stalled while displaying a myriad tables window.

None of the button in MT window respond to clicks (although I move the window around the screen). The spinning gear is showing in the apple menu, and clicking on it shows the name of the script, and displays a x button to stop the script. That doesn’t work either.

So I’m ready to force quit, but I don’t know how to identify which process/app I need to quit. I’ve quit mail; quit pages; relaunched finder, no joy.

I can see a ton of processes in Activity Monitor, but don’t know which will close the Myriad Tables window and halt the script.

Any suggestions?

I think ScriptMonitor is what you’re after.

Didn’t work. It was there, I quit it, and it didn’t work.

I’m not sure what else to recommend. On my Mac, it’s not running, I then run a script from the menu and it is running, and then when the script finishes it quits. Did you force-quit it?

Yes, I force quit it. Still stalled. I had to restart the mac.

No now I’m noticing a related issue. The script displays two tables. The first opens and closes fine, but the second stays open after clicking the OK button, and the script runs in the background. When the script finishes running the MT window closes.

Works just fine from Script Debugger.
–> Script Debugger 6.0.4 (6A192) on OSX 10.11.6
–> Myriad Tables 1.0.5 (44) on OSX 10.11.6

osascript maybe?

Hmmm, I cannot reproduce the state where it stays open, so I can’t tell if osascript is one of the processes in Activity Monitor when it’s in that state. If I had seen it before, I that would have been my first choice, and opening that process would have told me it’s the one to quit.

If it was there it might have been at the bottom of the list of processes, but I don’t think it was.

Force quitting or just quitting osascript does indeed clear the window when it’s not in that error state.

When I’ve launched a script from Apple’s Script menu in the menu bar, I observe this:

• Quitting the ScriptMonitor process → removes the script progress indicator
  • Quitting the osascript process → stops the script (and ScriptMonitor auto-quits)