What's up with Myriad Tables?

This came up with a previous SD version. I just got this message with SD7.

Myriad Tables Lib is not compatible with this version of Script Debugger. You can cancel, or you can enter row numbers, separated by commas, to simulate showing the dialog and selecting those columns

So what happens when you run this code in SD7:

use AppleScript version "2.4" -- Yosemite (10.10) or later
use framework "Foundation"
use scripting additions

if id of current application begins with "com.latenightsw." and (my respondsToSelector:"yieldToSDMainThread") as boolean is false then
	considering numeric strings
		set versionOfSD to version as text
		set isOKVersionOfSD to (versionOfSD > "6.0.4")
	end considering
	if not isOKVersionOfSD then display dialog "No luck"
end if

Nothing. The first if ends it. I added an “else” to confirm, and I get a beep.

use scripting additions

if id of current application begins with "com.latenightsw." and (my respondsToSelector:"yieldToSDMainThread") as boolean is false then
	end considering
else
	beep
end if

OK. So that’s the exact code that tests for compatibility within the library, except that the display dialog bit is actually a call to a handler that displays the full dialog you mentioned above.

Could you have another version of the library installed? Or was it an applet that accidentally launched an older version of Script Debugger?

Here’s a tip I use for testing, and it might be useful for others: go into Preferences and assign a different background color. It makes it easier to tell at a glance what version you’re running in.

An open quickly search confirmed only one MT library installed.

The script was a new script and was filled with text from a clipping for MT that I’ve been using for months.

I’m going to have to relaunch to open the prefs. SD7 seems to have fallen into a very unstable state with artifacts littering the screen.

OK, Bear with me on this.

After relaunch I could open and run MT scripts from the SD7 script window.

But, trying to run an MT script from the scripts menu generates the dialog.

It is possible that the first time I saw the dialog came from running the script from the script menu. I tried to run the script, nothing happened, so I tried editing and running a version in clippings. While doing that I saw the dialog, but it may have been a delayed reaction from running the script from the script menu or it may have just been part of SD7’s temporary instability.

Either way, after relaunch I get that MT version dialog 100% of the time running MT scripts from Script Menu and not at all when running the same script from a window.

MT version 1.0.7
–>Script Debugger 6.0.7 (6A217); SD7 (7A25); Mac OS 10.11.6 (15G1611)

OK. For some time now scripts run from the Scripts menu are run as a separate process, the same as those from Apple’s Scripts menu. It’s possible, if you’re targeting SD by name rather than ID, that the script runner is deciding to target an earlier version of SD.

Can you check no other version is running? Can you try the above snippet from the Scripts menu?

Ran the following from the scripts menu several times. Each time the Alert I added at the end displayed.

use scripting additions

end considering
else
	tell application "Finder" to display alert "Luck"
end if

Copied it to the SD7 scripts menu and ran it from there and it failed silently. Neither dialog appeared.

But I still get the MT Not compatible alert when running other MT scripts from the script menu.

And definitely no other versions of Script Debugger running?