Using SQLite Lib2 on Silicon Mac?

Hi Shane – I’m getting an intermittently weird error while trying to build a script using SQLite Lib 2 on my new MBP running Monterey. When I try to execute the script, I get the following error:

The bundle “FMDBAS” couldn’t be loaded because it doesn’t contain a version for the current architecture.

I’m assuming “architecture” is a reference to ARM/Apple Silicon? I’m even getting this error with the sample scripts that come with the library.

Also, I’ve tried installing the version from Shane’s Script Library Pack, hopefully to simplify things, but that doesn’t seem to make any difference. Also, I note that when I try to specify using version 1.1.2 of the library, as suggested when you install the app, but the script won’t compile – I get an error saying “Can’t get script “SQLite Lib2” whose version ≥ “1.1.2”.”

If I had to guess, there’s some kind of confusion between using the version I’d previously installed in my Script Libraries folder, and the version I’d installed using the app. I will try removing the version in Script Libraries and see if it makes any difference, but I’d appreciate any help you might be able to offer.

Thanks! – Matt

That’s the solution. AppleScript looks at the various possible locations in a fixed order, and if the first version it finds is not universal, you will get that problem.

Got it! Works now! Thanks for the reply, and thanks for your work on this tool. It is a huge part of my workflow and I really appreciate it!

1 Like