Typo in SD Help, Images not showing and more

On this page:

Script Debugger Help > Opening and Saving Scripts > Save > Formats

Enhanced Applets

• You want to offer na enhanced droplet UI including a drop window and Spotlight document searching.

Also, there is an animation on that page that is a blank box with only the word “image”.

Funny thing, though, with my script that opens help in Chrome I can see that the missing image is an animation.

On this page:

Script Debugger Help > Opening and Saving Scripts > Save > Formats
Application (Apple)**
the image with the various SD Icons is not showing in SD help but is in Chrome

On this page:

Script Debugger Help > Develop > Run > Execute >
Testing Handlers

The images are there, but one scaled too large. (The one showing choosing the idle handler) it should be scaled the same as the other menu selection image on the page. (Same in Chrome version, but maybe not as bad)

On this page:

Script Debugger Help > Develop > Debug >
Execute When Debugging

The menu selecting image is also scaled too large (same in Chrome)

On this page:
Script Debugger Help > Develop > Debug >
Code Coverage*

The Blue right-arrow at the top doesn’t work. In Help it takes you to a blank page. I Chrome you get a “File not found” message. Here’s the chrome URL: file:///Applications/Script%20Debugger.app/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/sd8help/indexfolder/developfolder/debugfolder/external.html

The navigation link at the bottom does work.

On this page:

Script Debugger Help > Reference > Frequently Asked Questions > What’s Installed Where?

The Blue right arrow doesn’t work (blank page) and there is no navigation link text at the bottom of the page, just a small right arrow that does nothing.
When you click either arrow Chrome tries to go to this page: file:///Applications/Script%20Debugger.app/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/sd8help/indexfolder/referencfolder/faqfolder/sediffs.html

Again the message is “your file could not be accessed.”

On this page:

Script Debugger Help > Reference > Frequently Asked Questions > *Why Do Applications Open Spontaneously?

The main image doesn’t display.

This time the image doesn’t display in Chrome either.

Also this is the page that couldn’t be linked to above, and the left arrow link text at the bottom goes to a different FAQ page. (What’s The Big Deal With Line Endings?)

But that link takes you to a blank page. And that question is not in the table of contents. In chrome same cannot access file message.

On this page:
Script Debugger Help > Reference > Frequently Asked Questions > Hey, Script Debugger Changed My Formatting!

Both the blue right-arrow button and the link text at the bottom take you to a blank page. File couldn’t be accessed in Chrome.

Also the link text for the next page at the bottom is: “How Do I Script Script Debugger?” That option is not in the table of contents. or the FAQ page.

In the table of contents

The last item in the FAQ “Table Overflow Errors” is a link to another page, not a question and probably belongs under the Further Reading header.

So I flipped through all of help and just found a few minor things.

But, I’ve said this before, SD’s help is probably the best written best organized and most helpful help for any app I’ve ever seen.

Very impressive!

Minor thing, in help, the text refers to a “Done button.” There’s a “Quit” button, but no “Done” button.

Enhanced Applets generate a user cancelled error (-128) when the user presses the Done button or quits the applet. You can place an AppleScript try/on error/end try block around your run handler code to catch this error and act appropriately.

On the How Clippings Work page the link to strftime() is dead. Takes you to a “Page Not Found” on the Apple Developer site.

For ultimate flexibility, you can specify a custom date format by saying [[date:format]] where the format is an unquoted strftime() format string.

Also on the How Clippings Work page, under Clippings Actions

To edit a clipping:

Choose it from the Clippings menu, or double-click it in the clippings inspector, while holding down the Option key.

Option clicking in the menu no longer works for Clippings or Scripts.

(I know that was turned off for reasons, but I miss it.)

EDIT: This is also still on the page:

To reveal a clipping file in the Finder:

Choose it from the Clippings menu, or double-click it in the clippings inspector, while holding down the Shift key.

Holding down shift while selecting in the menu doesn’t work either.

→ Script Debugger 8.0.4 (8A50)
→ Mac OS 11.6.3 (20G415)

On this page: Script Debugger Help > Develop > Deploy >

You can read more about Direct Export here.

The link takes you to this page about returns and line feeds rather than Direct Export.

https://latenightsw.com/carriage-returns-linefeeds