Twitter, anyone?

Is anyone here on Twitter? If what are your twitter handles?

I’m @tvskeptic

I don’t mean to rain on your parade, but, IMO, both Twitter and Facebook are a big waste of time. I don’t do either.

1 Like

I need twitter for work, and Facebook is the only way I keep up with family and old friends out of town, neither a waste of time for me. But I can see how it could be.

Also, twitter might help Shane and Mark with spreading the word if they were active on twitter.

1 Like

Twitter:

1 Like

Mark, how much do you actually use Twitter?

I really don’t see the business use of Twitter. Seems at best a duplicate of what you must have on your web site, yet requires a different format and someone who is constantly monitoring and nursing it.

Frankly, I don’t use twitter much. I do have to check it from time to time as customers have asked support questions on twitter and I need to respond. Otherwise, as you say, most of the content is generated from other sources such as the LNS blog.

I do repost interesting things that appear on the forum from time time and I re-tweet AppleScript related posts from others that I find interesting.

Were you tweeting your SD videos for a while?

Yes, I was posting my How-To videos. I’ll return to doing that when I have some more videos and how-to posts to share.

I’ve posted a handful of simple scripts as @AppleScript4Evr (and gotten some useful suggestions for improving a couple of them too). I’ll probably plop up a few more from time to time but 280 characters is pretty limiting, and sharing longer scripts in the form of screenshots is less than ideal for obvious reasons. Maybe one of these days I’ll start putting scripts on Github and posting links to Twitter or micro.blog…

1 Like

@brandelune here.
I use tweetdeck and I have a column with that in:

applescript OR ScriptDebugger OR latenightsw OR from:1024jp OR from:Piyomaru OR from:hhas2 OR from:hhas1 OR from:betalogue

And I just added @estockly and @eurobubba :slight_smile:

I try to answer simple AS related questions or point at this place, I also “@” mention Script Debugger when necessary.

2 Likes