SD7 crash 2-18-18 8:25am

Added 2/18/18 9:33 am I forgot to mention that after I clicked the various links 50 times I then hit the back arrow and went backwards 50 times. Then I started to click random commands in the middle section.

Mark,

Both SD7-lite and SD7-full crashed doing the same thing in both cases. For both cases I included a separate “Console output,” “Script debugger crash report” and “Apple Crash report.” I uploaded a zipped folder called “Crash reports.zip” which contains 2 folders called “lite” and “full”. Both the lite and full contain the 3 files.

In both the lite and full version what I did is: I opened the dictionary window, selected script debugger as the application and then selected on of the command, I think it was the “close” command but I’m not sure. Then I went over to the far right side of the dictionary window , the description part and just clicked any old blue link in the description and when the next description came up I clicked another blue link and I did this 50 time for both the “lite” and “full” version. Then I started to click random command in the middle section and SD7-full crashed. I did the same thing for SD7-lite but it didn’t crash clicking the various commands. For the lite version I I clicked the disclosure triangle for the “Suites” section and then SD7-lite crashed.

Since I wasn’t sure where things when wrong in SD I included the console output for the entire time I was doing the test for both the Lite and Full versions.

This time there are lots of reports to read :slight_smile:

Crash reports.zip (156.9 KB)

Mark,

After the crash mentioned in the “SD7 crash 2-18-18 8:25am” post I restarted SD7 and as soon as I clicked a command in the dictionary SD7-full crashed. I restarted SD7 and tried to reproduce the crash in SD7-lite mode but I could not reproduce it.

I included the console output, the script debugger crash report and the apple crash report in a zipped folder called Crash reports 2-18-18 9-06am.zip.

The console did not show anything at the time of the crash. So I included the 15 minutes before the crash. If there is anything meaningful in the console output that should get it.

Crash reports 2-18-18 9-06am.zip (53.9 KB)

Thanks for finding this one. It looks as though this problem has been in the code for years. I have a fix in hand for the next build. All three crashes you experienced are in fact the same and stem from the same flaw in the code.

Mark,

After the crash mentioned in the “SD7 crash 2-18-18 8:25am” post I restarted SD7 and as soon as I clicked a command in the dictionary SD7-full crashed. I restarted SD7 and tried to reproduce the crash in SD7-lite mode but I could not reproduce it.

I included the console output, the script debugger crash report and the apple crash report in a zipped folder called Crash reports 2-18-18 9-06am.zip.

The console did not show anything at the time of the crash. So I included the 15 minutes before the crash. If there is anything meaningful in the console output that should get it.

Crash reports 2-18-18 9-06am.zip (53.9 KB)