SD Notary 1.1.1 Released

Originally published at: https://latenightsw.com/sd-notary-1-1-1-released/

We are pleased to announce the release of SD Notary 1.1.1. SD Notary is a tool for notarizing AppleScript and Automator apps.

Dear LatenightSoftware team,

are there any plans to let SD Notary also allow to notarize .DMG files? Currently it is only possible to upload app bundles. DMG files cannot be selected.

Regards,
Matthias

Not at this stage. Is there any value in that for scripters?

FWIW, you can probably add a .dmg to a script app and get that notarized – just click on the Don’t sign enclosures checkbox. But you may then have to staple via the command line.

I ran 1.1.0 today to update, and clicked the Update button but then it showed “this app has expired” and would not even download the update. I suggest you do not do that, i.e. you still enable downloading, but just disable the main UI when it’s expired.

1.1.1 doesn’t run any more - it’s expired. And there’s no update. Please don’t do that.

Also, FYI, I had talked to Shane about a little issue with signing embedded LaunchAgent tools: Such tool files shall be named after their bundle ID. Which means they should be using reverse domain name notation, such as “com.company.toolname”. But 1.1.1’s method for identifying executables doesn’t consider files such “unusual” extensions, and “.toolname” would be considered such an ext, thus not getting signed, making the notarization fail. The current solution would be to not use “.” in both the file name and the bundle ID for the tool. Maybe Shane can improve on that, but if not, I like to make it known that this would be a work-around if you include tools that use periods in their file names.

Version 1.1.2 should be out shortly — apologies for the delay. And the issue with names that @tempelmann mentions above should be resolved in the new version.