Script Debugger 8.0 Crash Reports

For reasons I don’t yet understand, we are not receiving crash reports from Script Debugger 8. If you experience a crash, please report it here and include the crash report details (as an attached file - they can get quite large).

The crash report is critical as it often tells us where the problem lies within the Script Debugger code.

Thank you.

Just had a crash with this new version.

I launched script debugger. I got a dialog saying it needs full disk access. (I don’t know why that keeps coming up on a new Mac, but when I look, SD has Full Disk access)

Next, I opened the dictionary window and selected inDesign 2023 from the app pane.

I got a dialog warning me that inDesign would launch, and boom Script Debugger crashes.

Basically it just blinked out. I relaunched an a minute or so later I got the apple crash reporter telling me that Script Debugger unexpectedly quit. (I saved the full crash report if needed)

First, no crash reporter inside Script Debugger.

Second, after relaunching I opened inDesign’s dictionary with no problem.

→ Script Debugger 8.0.5 (8A61) (haven’t updated to new beta on this Mac yet)
→ MacOS 12.6.3

About the Full Disk Access issue, could you try this:

But the path is mistyped: LibrarySafari should be Library/Safari

Thanks, that seems to work, although there’s a backslash missing from the first path provided

Copy CloudTabs.db from:
~/Library/Containers/Safari/Data/Library/Safari

and copy to:
~/Library/Safari

Yes - my usual sloppy typing. I’ve fixed the post above, but it’s too late to fix the original. Thank you.

1 Like