Script Debugger 8.0.2 Released

Originally published at: https://latenightsw.com/script-debugger-8-0-2-released/

We are pleased to announce the release of Script Debugger 8.0.2. Script Debugger 8.0.2 is a free maintenance release addressing a series of issues that came to light following the release of Script Debugger 8.0. This release also introduces a series of changes to improve compatibility with macOS Big Sur. This update can be applied…

1 Like

I’m interested to know the decision to remove the record function rather than leave it available as an option for those of us restricted to at most Catalina. I am currently trying, but not succeeding, in running my MacPro5,1 into the ground.

It came down to wanting Script Debugger’s behaviour to be as consistent as possible across the OS versions we support. The presence of Recording impacts not only menus but window toolbars and scripting. It was expedient to simply remove it.

If you require recording you can use Script Debugger 7. If you only have a Script Debugger 8 license, let me know via PM and I can provide a Script Debugger 7 registration number for you to use.

1 Like

Still evaluating.
Thanks for the response - I may not have to make the kind of decisions that you do, but a bit of insight is always a treat.

1 Like

It’s normal when exporting a run-only Enhanced Applet that the description is not showed? I get description with the default messages as it’s empty.

Thanks.
Antoine

That’s an option you can turn on and off in the menu:

File>Application Options>Show Startup Screen

If it’s checked it will display.

Thanks but the option seems already turned on. I get the initial screen with the Run and Quit buttons but with text “Your script’s description goes here” even if the description in my panel window is present.

Happens here too.

If I save as an applet the description entered in the Description pane in the Resources Tab shows when the script is launched.

If I export as run only, the default description shows.

→ Script Debugger 8.0.3 (8A42)
→ Mac OS 11.6 (20G165)

1 Like

I hope that it will be fix soon.