Script Debugger 7.0.3 Can't Save a New Script

(Joseph Cicinelli) #1

If I create a new script with ScriptDebugger 7.0.3 and attempt to save it, I get an error that says, I/O error (bummers), (ioErr: -36). Why can’t I save a document as a script? Tried saving the script to multiple locations on the disk thing it might be a permission error, but found that is not the case.

Found out the following to make matters more interesting. Forgot to mention I’m running macOS 10.14. Beta 3 (Mojave) and I discovered that if I first save the script as an Application, it does this successfully. If I then open the application and save it as a Compiled Script, it works fine.

Joe

(Mark Alldritt) #2

I was able to reproduce this problem with Mojave Beta 2, but after updating to Beta 3 the problem is not longer present.

(Shane Stanley) #3

And I’m not seeing it here with beta 3, either.

(Joseph Cicinelli) #4

I’m noticing two strange behaviors. One is the first one I reported inside ScriptDebugger. The other is trying to execute selected scripts from the system-wide scripts menu. When a select a script from the menu, it fails to execute. If i then open the script inside ScriptDebugger and click the run button, everything works as i should. Weird.

(Shane Stanley) #5

Any chance of forwarding your script, or are you saying it happens with any script?

(Joseph Cicinelli) #6

Pretty much happens with any script.

(Shane Stanley) #7

Are they implicitly targetting SD? Can you forward one known trouble-maker?

(Joseph Cicinelli) #8

I can forward a script, a really simple one :wink:

untitled.scpt

use AppleScript version “2.4” – Yosemite (10.10) or later
use scripting additions

(Shane Stanley) #9

And what is it that signifies that it fails to execute?

(Joseph Cicinelli) #10

No Shane, it executes successfully within SD. When I attempt to save this as a compiled script to my desktop, I get an ioErr = -36

(Shane Stanley) #11

Sorry, I was referring to the other problem you mentioned: “trying to execute selected scripts from the system-wide scripts menu”. That can sometimes happen when a script produces an error and the process keeps trying to run the script again and again. The only solution to that I’ve found is a restart.

Can you confirm exactly which version of macOS you are running (you can copy it from the About box).

(Joseph Cicinelli) #12

Sure Shane, its macOS 10.14 beta 3 (18A326h)

(Adam Lewis) #13

Hi guys,
I am also getting this issue in 10.14 Beta (18A347e). Happy to provide any details required to help resolve this.

(Joseph Cicinelli) #14

Wanted to let you all know that the issue with Script Debugger 7.0.3 and saving script files has gone away with the latest Mojave 10.14 beta 7 (18A365a) release. But now I get that nasty error 'Not Authorized to send Apple events to Finder." Is there any work around to this error?

(Shane Stanley) #15

AFAIK you should only see something like that if you refused permission when first asked.