Reload command doesn't reload

In Safari, I open a window, then, from the develop menu, select “Show Snippet Window.”

I then open SD’s Safari Explorer window and it correctly shows the two windows open in Safari and all their properties.

If I close the Snippet window, and click the reload button in the SD toolbar, or select Reload from the SD Dictionary menu, the Snippet window is still there in the explorer, even though the window closed.

This doesn’t happen with regular browsing windows.

I have to quit safari and relaunch to get it out of the explorer window.

It’s probably a Safari issue, but I’m reporting it just in case it’s an SD bug.

When I try your test case here on Mojave, the SD Explorer does not list the Snippets window. It only lists the document windows.

In this instance, SD is at Safari’s mercy in that it can only display what Safari reports through its scripting interface.

Keep in mind that Cocoa applications don’t always delete windows when you close them, especially singleton windows. The window can be hidden from view, but still exist within the application.

Interesting. When I tried on my work mac, SD didn’t list the Snippets window either.

I’m wondering if I have a different version of Safari at home. Here it’s called the Snippets Editor. I’ll check this evening or in the morning.

–> Script Debugger 7.0.10 (7A99)
–> Mac OS 10.11.6
–> Safari 11.1.2 (11605.3.8.1)