Problem with file path and file name in sd7

I found a place where “Script Debugger” apple applet and “Script Debugger” enhanced applet get a completely different response. “Script Editor” gets the same response “Script Debugger” apple applet’s version.

I have 3 applets:
test (script Editor).app
test SD Apple applet.app
test SD Enhanced.app

I have 3 “Compiled script bundles”
test (script Editor).scptd
test SD Apple applet.scptd
test SD Enhanced.scptd

I uploaded the 6 scripts under the name “Applet test.zip.”

I created the “Compiled script bundles” by saving as “.scptd” types from the script editor for all 3 scripts. So the AppleScript for all the applets and “Compiled script bundles” should be exactly the same.

When I run “test SD Apple applet.app” and “test (script Editor).app” I get the following responses for the first output which is the path:

• “Bills second iMac HD:Users:bill:Desktop:Applet test:Applets:test SD Apple applet.app:”
  • “Bills second iMac HD:Users:bill:Desktop:Applet test:Applets:test (script Editor).app:”

When I run “test SD Apple applet.app” and “test (script Editor).app” I get the following responses for the second output which is the applet name:

• “test SD Apple applet.app”
  • “test (script Editor).app”

But when I run “test SD Enhanced” the first and second output are:

• “Bills second iMac HD:Users:bill:Desktop:Applet test:Applets:test SD Enhanced copy.app:Contents:Resources:Scripts:main.scpt”
  • “main.scpt”

The SD Enhanced version displayed the “path” and “name” for the script from inside the bundle.

Also I noticed that when I went to copy the text from the dialogs in the test I could not copy the text from the enhanced version while “Script Editor” and “SD7’s Apple applet” both allowed me to copy the text from the dialog. Copying the text from dialogs is a very useful feature I hope this is just a bug and not a feature of the enhanced version.

Applet test.zip (3.8 MB)