Photoshop open file problem

I’m trying to get Photoshop to open a PDF file from a path created earlier in the script. After much frustration I made a new script to simplify the issue and now I’m at a loss.

The following with Acrobat works:

use AppleScript version "2.4" -- Yosemite (10.10) or later
use scripting additions

set savePath to "Customers:C:CAMP:A:207019 CAMP - Adkins Three 6x11 Card OK 201021 OK:jpeg:207019 CAMP - Adkins 3 OK 201021 OK Front.pdf"
set workFile to alias savePath
tell application id "com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro"
	open workFile
end tell

However if I substitute “com.adobe.Photoshop” for Acrobat the script generates an error:
Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 got an error: File some object wasn’t found.

Adding parameters to the open command yields a different error message:
Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 got an error: Can’t get alias “Customers:C:CAMP:A:207019 CAMP - Adkins Three 6x11 Card OK 201021 OK:jpeg:207019 CAMP - Adkins 3 OK 201021 OK Front.pdf”.

But I think it’s essentially saying the same thing. Or maybe not. Can anyone help me understand what’s going on here?

Thanks.

I copied the example in the Photoshop AppleScript reference for opening PDFs and substituted my file path for the one in the example and still get an error: Can’t get alias “Customers:C:CAMP:A: etc…”

Hi:

This variation works but I don’t know why:

use AppleScript version “2.4” – Yosemite (10.10) or later
use scripting additions

set savePath to “stds:207019 CAMP - Adkins 3 OK 201021 OK Front.pdf”
set workFile to (savePath as «class furl»)
tell application id “com.adobe.photoshop”
open file workFile
end tell

Thank you! This does work, however as soon as I try to add any of the open option parameters it fails. That shouldn’t matter though since I should be able to resize it using the resize image command which hopefully works better than the open options.

I was able to make the image the required size with the resize image command then save as jpeg. Yay!