Perhaps we need a "Lounge" sub-forum (category)

Recently I posted a topic to alert members to what I thought was an excellent deal on iMac-27s. Apparently some of you thought it was spam:

Your post was flagged as spam: the community feels it is an advertisement, something that is overly promotional in nature instead of being useful or relevant to the topic as expected.

Multiple community members flagged this post before it was hidden,

Honestly, I don’t see how this was spam. I was not personally offering anything. I have no relationship with the vendor. I really thought I was doing some of you a favor by letting you know about a rare deals on a great Mac (deeper discounts than even on Black Friday). Apparently some of you don’t see it this way.

True, it was not directly related to Script Debugger. But then we do sometimes discuss tools (software) that are not directly related to SD, and that seems to be OK. Seems to me that a Mac is one of the most important tools we have.

What’s the difference?

Having said all that, perhaps a good solution is to add a sub-forum (Category) to this forum that would have allow for a wider discussion of things. Some forums call this a “Lounge”.

So what do you guys think?

If it isn’t directly related to scripting, I don’t want to know about it from this forum.

I try to be as permissive as possible on this forum. I don’t see any real harm in postings like yours, but they do impact the forum’s signal to noise ratio. As a long time member of the forum, your identity is well known which helps to distinguish your posts. However, people are here for scripting-related advice. Anything else is a distraction.

I don’t want to host general discussions about things that have nothing to do with my products. These often become heated and I’m not interested in policing that.