I noticed a problem with opening the dictionary for iBooks Author.
I wanted to see if it was scriptable (alas) but the behavior of SD in handling it was pretty poor.
First, iBA was running when I tried this.
I dropped the icon on the SD icon in the doc and got the warning that the application would have to be launched to read the dictionary. I clicked launch.
Once launched the dictionary displayed (such that it is). I clicked on the explorer and again go the message that iBA wasn’t running, asking if I wanted to launch. When I clicked “launch”, the explorer was empty and indicated the app wasn’t running.