Open Quickly killer

I’m having an issue with Open Quickly. If I start type the following as new search:

"Movie

No matter how fast I type I never get further than the quote and M before open quickly stars searching and hangs SD. Some times the hang clears after a few minutes, but sometimes it goes on and on.

–> Script Debugger 7.0.6 (7A69)
–> Mac OS 10.11.6 (15G22010)

I can confirm on my system.

macOS 10.12.6 Sierra
Script Debugger 7.0.6 (7A69)

I was able to paste "movie" and then type "blending".

-Chris

I can reproduce this here as well. I’ve filed a bug at our end and we’ll get this resolved soon. Probably not for 7.0.7, but it should be fixed for 7.0.8.

2 Likes

This bug seems to have reappeared.

Type "M and it hangs. (I think something similar was addressed in SD8?)
→ Script Debugger 7.0.13 (7A125)
→ Mac OS 10.11.6 (15G22010)

This issue seems to have reappeared. As soon as I start type two characters into the search field it hangs. And then after it displays the files with the first two characters it hangs with every one or two characters typed after that.

In addition, open quickly seems pretty lame. It’s not finding many scripts that I know for certain have the text and it doesn’t seem to search everywhere. I use it a lot, especially after I’ve upgraded an app or system, and I just upgraded a lot of apps and my system and it’s not very useful. Spotlight finds things in scripts Open Quickly doesn’t.

→ Script Debugger 8.0.3 (8A49)
→ MacOS 11.6.2

Can you take a sample of what’s happening when you type into the search field?

I’m experiencing this here too. I assume that limited search results is caused by increased security restrictions in recent versions of macOS X. As always, make sure you’ve granted Script Debugger full disk access. Additionally, probably a good idea to add Script Debugger as a Developer Tool as well so it can launch things as needed.

In the end, Open Quickly can only show the results that macOS’s Spotlight search returns to it for the queries it makes.

Not sure how to do that. Is that an X-code thing?

No, its in the Privacy tab of the Security & Privacy System Preferences pane:

…and…

Interesting. I don’t see it on mine. I’ve installed X Code but haven’t launched it. Maybe that will do that.

I gave SD Full Disk Access first thing.

Had to launch X-Code and then Developer Tools was there. Thanks