New error msg in SDN – altool is deprecated

First time that I’ve seen this error with SD Notary. The submission log says:

Warning: altool has been deprecated for notarization and starting in late 2023 will no longer be supported by the Apple notary service. You should start using notarytool to notarize your software.

This causes SDN to reported an error (sorry lost the SDN report so, can’t provide capture). There is a folder on my Desktop entitled “[appletname] - Failed”

There is no notarised copy of the applet saved.

But the SD Notary log says:

15:03:28.909: No errors getting notarization info
Status Code: 0
Status Message: Package Approved

If there a way I can force SD Notary to use “notarytool” ?

Thanks.

Can you send me the log for that submission?

Support for using notarytool will come, but it means dropping support for several versions of macOS, so we’re trying to stick with altool as long as possible. SD Notary should be ignoring the deprecation message, so your log would help understanding of why this didn’t happen. Please confirm you’re using version 1.4.12.

Hi, I observed the same error, below is the submission log (replaced privacy related data with “…”).

Thanks for your great software!

12:14:59.237: ****************************************************************************************

Beginning processing of dmg at ‘…’

12:14:59.240: Signing main file ‘…’…
12:14:59.907: Result for /usr/bin/codesign --force -o runtime --timestamp --verbose=4 -s Developer ID Application: … --digest-algorithm=sha1,sha256 …
Termination status: 0
StandardOut: (null)
StandardError: (null)
12:15:00.436: Uploading file to Apple for notarizing. This can take a while, depending on file size, upload speed, and any other uploads in progress. Do not interrupt this process…
12:15:11.990: Result for /usr/bin/xcrun altool --notarize-app -f … --output-format xml
StandardOut: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

notarization-upload RequestUUID ... os-version 12.6.3 success-message No errors uploading '... tool-path /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/ContentDeliveryServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/AppStoreService.framework tool-version 6.043.14043 warnings code -1030 message altool has been deprecated for notarization and starting in late 2023 will no longer be supported by the Apple notary service. You should start using notarytool to notarize your software. userInfo NSLocalizedDescription altool has been deprecated for notarization and starting in late 2023 will no longer be supported by the Apple notary service. You should start using notarytool to notarize your software.

StandardError: (null)
12:15:11.993: Upload result: No errors uploading ‘…’.
12:15:11.997: Checking for the result of Apple’s process. This usually takes several minutes, but could take even longer…
12:15:56.301: Result for /usr/bin/xcrun altool --notarization-info … -u … -p @keychain:SD Notarizing --asc-provider …
StandardOut: (null)
StandardError: 2022-12-19 12:15:55.137 *** Warning: altool has been deprecated for notarization and starting in late 2023 will no longer be supported by the Apple notary service. You should start using notarytool to notarize your software. (-1030)

12:15:56.303:

It’s only a warning. The developers have known all about it for ages. You don’t have to do anything about it.