I installed High Sierra because the demands of progress made me regress with a promise of only pain (and loss of previously compatible apps) in exchange for few if any benefits. Yes, I am the opposite of Shane.
In an old script, I saw some curious behavior as it was still using the “list folder” command. Working with it as a droplet, the script failed at the moment it ran the list folder line, according to a try statement. But when dropping the item into the open script window (regular or debugging mode) there was no failure at the problem point. I found this curious, and attempted to recreate it via a new script, but then list folder worked fine in all circumstances.
Unfortunately, it continues to fail on a colleagues Mac running High Sierra, even when I removed list folder and instead used an alternate method.
This is likely not an SD7 issue, but I will keep a look out to see if it occurs again and can be replicated.
So, for now, this thread is simply an old man venting. Humpf!
P.S. Really funny that the forum software recommends a similar topic of “Time off for good behavior”. I like how it thinks.