Mojave problems

Testing the new beta under Mojave (with version 7 still on disk - perhaps that’s the problem?)

On startup, error: “The default template script cannot be found”

Then, when I go to System Preferences to grant Full Disk Access, the beta isn’t on the list where I could check it off - version 7 (I assume) is already listed, but already checked.

Will check later under Catalina, etc.

Thanks for reporting this. The problem is that Script Debugger only saves the name of your default template. If it is a user-created template, the default template will not exist in the new Script Debugger 8 installation.

I’ll file a bug at my end to make this experience better. In the meantime, just copy your default template file from ~/Library/Application Support/Script Debugger 7/Templates to ~/Library/Application Support/Script Debugger 8/Templates.

Thank you for explaining this. I never made a default template, and don’t have anything in ~/Library/Application Support/Script Debugger 7/Templates. I thought I might be able to fix this by creating a default template in version 7, but it’s not clear how to do that. I searched the Help for “default template” but didn’t find anything.

Anyway, SD8 won’t let me do anything. If I try to create a new script, I get the “default template cannot be found.” Is there a way around this? I tried creating a template called Template in version 7 and copying it to the version 8 Templates folder, but that didn’t help either.

We did remove some templates in Script Debugger 8 and perhaps you are using one of those. You can change your default template in the General preferences panel:

Creating a user template is done using the Save as Template command in the File menu:

Well, I should have known that all along! I don’t remember ever using that dialog, but I found that I’ve been using “AppleScript” as the default template in 7, and have now chosen it in 8. Thank you!

Maybe the error message could either say to select a default template in the Preferences, General panel, or link directly to that panel? I imagine that something like that is what you already have in mind anyway.

Absolutely, something like this makes perfect sense.

Excellent. And I solved the Full Disk Access problem in the obvious way by clicking the “+” icon in the System Preferences pane.