Invalid registration number when upgrading from 6.0 to 7.0 to 8.0

I originally bought SD 6.0, and received "Script Debugger 6.0 [SKU86652914809] Serial Number: " xxx-xxx, etc. (not the real number obviously).

I then upgraded to 7.0, and received “Here are your Script Debugger 6.0 to 7.0 Upgrade registration number(s):” yyy-yyy-etc.

I’ve now bought an upgrade to 8.0, and enter the serial number I received yesterday; but then I get this prompt, and both the xxx-xxx or yyy-yyy serial numbers are rejected as invalid, so I can’t register 8.0.

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 8.05.38 AM

Is there a way to fix this? Was I right to buy an upgrade registration in the first place?

Hi Same thing here. Impossible to buy the update to ScriptDebugger 8 from the upgrade registration number bought in may 2018. I wanted to show my support to your fantastic work but I cannot. I require customer support!

I suspect you are running a beta build of Script Debugger 8. Please download the release build of Script Debugger 8 and try to enter your registration numbers again:

If the problem persists, please contact me directly and I’ll sort out the problem for you.

Please contact me with the details of your 2018 purchase and I’ll resolve the problem. I did a search for your email in our records and came up empty.

Well, this was my fault. After downloading the release version, I kept running “Script Debugger 8” instead of “Script Debugger” (I lazily thought that was version 7.). It seems that the beta versions were called “Script Debugger 8” but I should have been running “Script Debugger” instead. As soon as I did that, I was able to register.

I’m probably not the only person who fell into this trap. Perhaps there should be a warning to beta-testers that they need to stop running “Script Debugger 8” and switch to “Script Debugger” instead?