FastScripts questions

I noticed an issue using FastScripts with Amazon Work Spaces.

In the Apple Scripts Menu’s folder there’s a folder named “WorkSpaces” with the script I use there.

In FastScripts there’s no such folder. It seems like this is the only one of the Apple Script’s folders subfolders that’s missing. (Although I may have added some).

If I use the command to add the folder it appears with this name: WorkSpacesClient.macOS

I know this issue is probably not the fault of FastScripts, but the info might be helpful.

→ Script Debugger 8.0.3 (8A49)
→ MacOS 11.6.2
→ FastScripts 3.0.5 (1572)
→ WorkSpaces 4.0.6.2177

Hi Ed - I just came across this question. In the future if you ever have any FastScripts-specific issues please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at support@redsweater.com. I’m going to look into this issue and see if I can figure out what’s going on. I’ll update this thread when I have any info to share.

Daniel

Interesting, it looks like WorkSpacesClient.macOS is also what Apple’s script menu considers as the “canonical” name for the app, because if you don’t have a folder yet and use Apple Script Menu to create the folder, it also defaults to that:

But it must be doing some backup search for other folders that might match the current app. I’ll see if I can do something similar in FastScripts to increase the odds that an app like this will have its scripts show up in either case.

Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.