FastScripts 3.0 is out!

Hey folks! Thanks so much to those of you who helped me in the LONG beta test for this update. I just released the final update this morning. You can read more about the update here: FastScripts 3: Scriptlight Search, Parallel Execution, Progress Reporting, and More! - Red Sweater Blog

6 Likes

Congrats, Daniel! I look forward to checking it out.

1 Like

Congrats! Bought the upgrade sight unseen.

Thanks Harald! I’m guessing you’re going to like it a lot! It’s a really good update :slight_smile:

Hey Daniel,

I bought the upgrade 30 seconds after I got the notification.  :sunglasses:

-Chris

Haha! That’s great. Thanks for your confidence :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic! Been really pleased with it so far!

Great to hear! Hope you continue to enjoy it.

Version 3 seems notably faster! Definitely peppy!

1 Like

Great to hear, Ray! I am really excited about how it turned out. A lot of LONG time wishes for me personally coming true in this update.

RedSweater,

I just read your Fast Script’s Parallel Execution description. It says a script can run in it own process. Can the script run in it’s own process on another computer? (See my forum post on Wednesday titled “How can I develop code on another computer?”)

I’ll check out your Fast Scripts after the holiday.

Thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob - thanks for giving FastScripts a look. In the end for FastScripts 3 I decided to keep it consistent and not only CAN a script run its own process, but it always does. There isn’t any special consideration for running scripts on another computer, though. Maybe some others have ideas … I’m a little rusty on AppleScript’s cross-network behavior, but I have a vague recollection of maybe being able to use it to do cross-network commands? If you could run FastScripts on both Macs then you might be able to make use of FastScripts’s built-in “run script” command to run a script in the context of FastScripts on the other Mac.

Upgraded to 3.0, thanks!

Wonderful. Thank YOU!