Crashing Dictionary display

This happened twice in a row, I wonder if anyone can replicate. I was in SD and wanted to look at the system events dictionary.

Menu: Window>Dictionary. Clicked on System Events in the app pane, clicked launch when asked. Crash. (SD unexpectedly quit. sent Crash report).

Relaunched SD and opened the System Events dictionary window, no crash. The dictionary was in explorer mode (I think that’s important). I switched to dictionary mode, no problem. Switched back to explorer mode, no problem. Then clicked the Quit button in the dictionary window (while still in explorer mode). Tried to open the System Events dictionary again (same as above). And it quit.

I’m guessing that opening System Events dictionary display in Explorer Mode when the app isn’t running is what causes this crash.

–>Script Debugger 6.0.5 (6A203) on Mac OS 10.10.5 (14F27)

Is this a SD 6.0.5 Beta Bug?
Have you tested it in SD 6.0.4, because I’m not seeing any issue there:
Script Debugger 6.0.4 (6A198) on macOS 10.11.6.

Haven’t tested on any other version. Have you tried it on 6.0.5?

Can’t reproduce on El Capitan.
–>Script Debugger 6.0.5 (6A203) on Mac OS 10.11.6 (15G1510)

Different behavior today. I opened the System Events dictionary, then clicked the explorer button. I got the message System Events wasn’t running. I clicked the Dictionary button and then the explorer button and got the same message. I clicked launch and it worked just fine. I then clicked to “Quit” button. Previously that would blank the Explorer window and give me the same Application not running message.

Instead I got this in a dialog:

The app “System Events” died
The application “System Events” appears to have crashed, responding to the following Apple Event:

AppleScript: count every application process of current application

AEPrint: ‘core’‘cnte’{ ‘----’:null(), ‘kocl’:‘pcap’ }

This happened twice in a row. After this I was unable to reproduce the crash that occurred when I opened SE dictionary in explorer mode when the app wasn’t running.

This is the intended SD behaviour when an app crashes behind its back while being explored. The AppleScript command reported is the item the explorer was trying to retrieve at the moment the app crashed.

SD should not be pulled down by the crash of another application.