Compile error while in debug mode

Strange thing started happening, I can’t save some apps while in debug mode. It returns the following error:

Cannot Save Document
script compilation or run-time error
(errOSAScriptError: -1753)

As soon as I switch out of debug it saves fine. It isn’t happening with all apps. The only thing I’m noticing with the apps that are erring is that they are using the “Dialog Toolkit Plus” library. Could this be causing the compile error in debug mode?

Can you provide a sample script that illustrates this problem? The shorter the sample script is, the better.

Yep, doesn’t really need much in the script. Attached.

CompileError.zip (166.9 KB)

1 Like

FYI, I opened the app, compiled it with no error, saved it in debugging mode, switched back and forth between debugging and normal, saving in between sometimes, and had no errors at all.

→ Mac OS: 14.3.1 (23D60)
→ Script Debugger 8.0.7 (8A75)
→ Dialog Toolkit Plus 1.1.2

Could you try commenting out the version number in the use script statement, and see if that makes a difference.

Just to expand on this, AppleScript caches script libraries at the app level, not the script level. So if you previously opened a script that loaded a version of Dialog Toolkit Plus before version 1.1.2, then scripts that ask for it will not compile.

Quit and relaunch Script Debugger, then try one of the problematic scripts again.

I gave that a try and still the same issue. I don’t think we’ve used any version other than 1.1.2. My specs:
→ Mac OS: 14.3.1 (23D60)
→ Script Debugger 8.0.6 (8A69)
→ Dialog Toolkit Plus 1.1.2

Do you have a copy of the library in your user Script Libraries folder?

Yes, the app won’t compile without that already in place.