Bug report—dictionary formatting

Am seeing some formatting issues when viewing the dictionary for Chronosync Scheduler. This dictionary allows using cmd-plus (⌘+) and cmd-minus (⌘–) to increase and decrease font size. No other dictionary I’ve checked seems to allow font resizing—only this one. When changing font sizes, things go awry. Below are three examples of the synchronize command from the Chronosync dictionary. Running Script Debugger v8.0.4 and macOs Big Sur 11.6.7.

This is probably an issue with Chronosync Scheduler, not SD. However, you may want to add some logic to SD to disalliow this behavior for dictionaries that are resizable.

Stan C.

I don’t think it’s anything to do with a particular app. The dictionary view is drawn in a WebKit view, so it’s just displaying HTML – you should be able to increas or decrease the size of text in any dictionary (Dictionary -> Larger Text/Smaller Text).

Your screenshots look like WebKit bugs. What version of Safari and macOS are you running?

Am running macOS Big Sur 11.6.7 and Safari 15.5. I see that there are updates for both of them available. I’ll do the updates and let you know if the problem persists.

Have now updated to macOS Big Sur 11.6.8 and Safari 15.6.1. The dictionary formatting problem with ChronoSync Scheduler no longer appears in SD. All other dictionaries, which before would not resize at all, now do resize without any issues.

Shane, your thought about it being a version-related WebKit bug was spot on. Thanks much!