ANNOUNCE: Script Debugger 8.0.9 (8A81)

A new Script Debugger 8.0.9 BETA build is available. You can download it here:

http://www.latenightsw.com/archives/beta_for_script_debugger/ScriptDebugger8.0.9-8A81.dmg

Script Debugger 8.0 Release Notes

Build 8A81 Changes

• 1858: Resolved a problem where Script Debugger may crash when launching on Sequoia systems.

• 1856: There is a new expert preference PrefShowLSHandlerRankDialog. When this preference is set to YES, when a script contains an open handler and it’s Bundle Settings lists one or more UTIs to be accepted, a new dialog will appear when exporting a run-only applet (Apple or Enhanced) via the File -> Export Run-Only menu command.

The dialog will let you choose whether to give the UTIs an LSHandlerRank value of None or Default. Script Debugger normally uses None, which is the safest option for scripts. Choosing Default may result in your script launching when a document is double-clicked, with unintended consequences. Clicking the checkbox Stop displaying this dialog will reset the PrefShowLSHandlerRankDialog preference.

Just to let you know, I have been using Script Debugger 8.0.9 (8A81) for several days now and have not had any problems. Issue 1858 described in Mark’s post was not a problem for me in the past, and I do not make use of UTI’s as related to the new preference. Even through I haven’t tested the primary purpose of the update, so far so good.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra
macOS 15.1 beta 5 (24B5055e)

SD 8.0.9 could not open the script including DIctionary.app’s dictionary names written in various languages (including R to L languages).