ANNOUNCE: Script Debugger 7.0.11 (7A101)

A new Script Debugger 7.0.11 BETA build is available. You can download it here:

Changes for build 7A101

Changes for build 7A100

  • 1354: Addressed a hang that can occur when folding a block comment.

  • 1365: Corrected a regression that caused dictionary search facility in the script window’s Inspector tab to fail when a script references libraries.

  • 1363: Worked around regression in Catalina that resulted in save dialogs changing the default file name to Untitled in all cases.

  • 1358: Improved saving time with Enhanced Applets.

This version downloaded and launched just fine.

1 Like

It looks like the info box is still at 7.0.10 here.

And after install, it says 7.0.10 and says I’m up to date…

I opened an Applet that I’ve been using for months, and noticed a code folding issue.

First, due to previous issues I had View Code Folding off on this system. But in the script for this applet one of the handlers was folded when I opened it. It had the ellipsis (…) symbol, but no triangles. I turned on View Code Folding, and the triangles appeared with this handler still folded (all the other elements were unfolded). Clicking on the triangle for the folded handler did nothing. Code folding worked properly for all other foldable elements.

If I select “Unfold All” from the menu, the handler unfolds. If I fold it again using the triangle, clicking the triangle has no effect.

If I recompile with that handler folded it still won’t unfold with the triangle. Same thing if I recompile with that handler unfolded.

–> Script Debugger 7.0.11 (7A101)
–> Mac OS 10.11.6 (15G31)

Here is what I get after a check a few minutes ago…

That’s correct. The beta version needs to be downloaded using the link above. Only release builds use the auto-update mechanism.

1 Like

Thank you Shane. I must have forgotten about that, especially since BBEdit uses the same mechanism for both the release and the beta versions.

I just noticed that my text substitutions have been replaced by the default text substitutions again.

I’m not sure if this happened with the latest update or the previous update. I’ll check on my other installations shortly.

–> Script Debugger 7.0.11 (7A101)
–> Mac OS 10.11.6 (15G31)