ANNOUNCE: AppleScript The Latest Reference for v2.8

Pre-order of 1/4 Issue is here.

I wrote Pages document language setting changer AppleScript to help this work.

I wrote keycode figure with Apple Magic keyboard 2 (Japanese keyboard) in this book.
I don’t have English keyboard.

Keycode figure will be “as is”.

I have no idea about appropriate example of the English version of the address displayed in Maps. Only Apple’s Cupertino address or White House.

Progress Report 28th, Feb., 2024:
The latest downloadble PDF contains 251 pages. The rest article is only one…and has many pages. The price is changed to 6017 JPY due to the change of exchange rate.

1 Like

Progress Report 2nd, Mar., 2024:
The latest downloadble PDF contains 289 pages.
2-pass checking and screenshot re-capturing work remains.

Progress Report 11th, Mar., 2024:
The latest downloadble PDF contains 323 pages.
Addition: dropped 2 articles and Appendix

1 Like

For automatic translation, you may want to consider Deepl.com which is orders of magnitude better than GT. As a professional translator, I never found GT to be of any use. There are research articles that show chatGPT as slightly better than Deepl, but for more pragmatic reasons I will not use anything that comes from (V)LLMs. They are a deadly waste of energy and are only bringing us even closer to global warming hell.

I used DeepL in the early stages of translating this book, but I didn’t feel it was suitable for technical translation. At the moment, the translation service that I feel is the most appropriate is the built-in translation function of Microsoft Office. About half of the book has been translated into Microsoft Word. It’s probably using Microsoft Azure’s translation API.

This post itself has also been translated in Word.

1 Like

MS is known for translating a lot of its documentation using its own MTPE. Plus, now that they own OpenAI (and thus chatGPT, etc.), I’m not surprised that the quality is better than Deepl.

1 Like