Am I missing something in search?

I’m trying to do a simple search with change all in the front Script Debugger document.

Looking at the dictionary there seems to be a couple missing parameters: The search string and the replace string. Should they be included in the command?

If the script uses the UI find and replace fields, that’s OK, but I can’t find a way to enter those either.

FWIW, I’m trying to do a very simple search to convert curly quotes to straight quotes. Wasn’t that an option in the Edit menu at one point?

search
search (verb)Search the contents of a document, with the option to replace. The search string and other parameters are set as properties of the application. (from Script Debugger Suite)
FUNCTION SYNTAX
set theResult to search reference ¬
     with action search types
RESULT
integer or list of integerReturns the selection range of the found match expressed as a list, {character offset, length}, or missing value if not found. It also selects the found text. When performing ‘replace all’ it returns the number of replacements made.
PARAMETERS
Parameter
Required
Type
Description
direct parameter	required	reference	The document to search.
with action	optional	search types	The type of search to conduct. The default is ‘find next’. 

→ Script Debugger 8.0.5 (8A61)
→ Mac OS 11.6.8 (20G730)

The search parameters are properties of the application. In this case you want the search string and search replace string1, but you should probably set the others as well, unless you know what state they are at the time. (Hint: the relevant properties all begin with the word search`.)