After i run a script, it asks if i want to save, even though i did not make changes to script?

cant figure out how to put code here without it getting reformatted, but the script creates a text file, but SD seems to think that i changed the script

Just select the code in SD, copy it to the macOS clipboard, come back to the forum and type three backticks (`) on one line, press return, paste your code below the backticks, and then type a line of three backticks below it, like this:

use AppleScript version "2.4" -- Yosemite (10.10) or later
use scripting additions

on run
	#~-- your code goes here...~#
end run
1 Like

Thank you emendelson for the tip - here is the code - when i open the script and close it, no problem, but if i run it, it thinks that oi changed the script and wants me to save it.

use AppleScript version "2.4" -- Yosemite (10.10) or later
use scripting additions

tell application "Safari"
	set windowCount to number of windows
	set docText to "<!DOCTYPE HTML><html>" & linefeed as string
	set docText to docText & "<head><title>Safari 9-2022</title></head>" & linefeed as string
	set docText to docText & "<body><hr>" & linefeed as string
	set minText to "<hr>" & linefeed as string

repeat with x from 1 to windowCount
		set tabcount to number of tabs in window x
		repeat with y from 1 to tabcount
			set tabURL to URL of tab y of window x
			set tabName to name of tab y of window x
			if tabName is "" then
				set tabName to "untitled"
			end if
			if window x is miniaturized then
				set minText to minText & "<br><a href=\"" & tabURL & "\">" & tabName & "</a>" & linefeed as string
			else
				set docText to docText & "<br><a href=\"" & tabURL & "\">" & tabName & "</a>" & linefeed as string
			end if
		end repeat
		if window x is miniaturized then
			set minText to minText & "<p>" & linefeed as string
		else
			set docText to docText & "<p>" & linefeed as string
		end if
	end repeat
	set docText to docText & minText & "<hr></body></html>" & linefeed as string
end tell

tell application "TextEdit"
	activate
	make new document

set the text of the front document to docText
end tell

Doesn’t happen here: no prompt to save after running the script in latest SD. Maybe something in your settings is affecting this?

1 Like

I tested and this doesn’t happen on my Ventura computer.

BTW, as mentioned by emendelson, a lot of settings in Script Debugger can cause a script to be identified as “Edited” even when the script has not been changed. One example is running a script with debug mode enabled.

1 Like

Thanks emendelson and peavine - i’ll check out my settings
i found the debugging switch and turned it off but it still says the script changed, but i’ll start looking around for other default settings that i don’t need to have on