Library updates

I’ve just published new versions of two of my script libraries, FileManagerLib and Metadata Lib.

Both have been given terminology dictionaries, which makes them a lot easier to use. Metadata Lib gains the ability to restrict results to items directly in the target folder, while FileManagerLib gains the ability to get the contents and entire contents of a folder, as well as some sorting abilities.

You can download them both here:

https://www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/apps/Script_Libs.html

3 Likes

Thanks Shane. Great updates! :+1:

I really appreciate all the script libraries you give us for free, and keep them updated.

I don’t see a donation link on the macosxautomation site. IAC, you might setup your email with your bank to receive funds via Zelle. There are no fees. However, it works only between financial institutions in the USA.

Once both sender and receiver have setup Zelle (very easy in most cases), the transfer is very quick, often within minutes. The setup is usually done with your bank’s online account.

If Zelle won’t work for you, there is, of course, always PayPal.

1 Like

Moving to the US is not an option :grinning:

I do have a PayPal account, but to be honest my experiences with shareware make me think setting up and advertising options is likely to be more work than it’s worth. Your keenness to contribute is appreciated, but it’s also relatively rare.

FileManagerLib has been updated to version 2.1.1 to fix an error that was thrown when moving an object with replacing from one volume to another. The link is at the top of this thread.

1 Like

FileManagerLib has been updated to version 2.2. The changes are:

• Fixes a bug in the sort objects command when sorting by name.

• The sortable properties enumeration has a new enumerator, extension property. This allows the sort objects command to sort based on file extension (items with the same extension will also be sorted by name).

• The copy object and move object commands gain an optional new name parameter. When supplied, the object will be renamed as part of the move/copy.

• The parse object command adds a file_kind value to the returned record.

The link is in the first post above.

Thanks, Shane.
For those who like to save a few keystrokes, here’s the direct download link:
https://www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/apps/FileManagerLib_stuff.zip

Version 2.2.1 is now available:

• Simplifies sorting. Changes the default sorting style when sorting by name or extension, corrects the sort types descriptions, and deprecates/removes some confusing sort types options.

The link is in the first post above.