How to increase the performance of Script Debugger?

I have a script with about 1000 lines of code. Editing is very, very slow. Undo can take 30 seconds and also moving around is laggy. Apples Script is much faster with this script. Can I disable some features, to speed up the App? The Debugging is disabled. Restarting helps a little bit, but not very long. Compiling sometimes takes minutes and sometimes seconds and let me feel in beach-ball heaven. :wink:

Please use Activity Monitor to capture and submit a Sample report when Script Debugger is behaving in this way. That may give us some clues to the cause of these slowdowns. This is not normal or expected behaviour.

Sorry for the long delay. I’ve now more details. It happens when I try to edit scripts with large collapsed code blocks (collapsing/unfolding itself is very slow). Hiding the code folding gutter or unfolding all blocks brings SD back to normal performance.

Okay, I’ll look into this.

I know we had performance issues with code folding when Script Debugger 6 was first released. Improvements were made in subsequent maintenance releases so please make sure you are running the latest Script Debugger build (6.0.4 at this time).

I’m using 6.0.4 since the day it was released. It only happens in one of my huge scripts.

You can download it here:
ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/mac-and-i/listings/1703-032-Mac&i-Symlinker.dmg

It’s the “Symlinker” script.

some scripts that are critical to us, all that scripts involved FileMaker Pro (11.0.4) database, and InDesign CS 5 (7.0.4.553)
and I found several and serious problems and I don’t know if is only me or not.
1.- The first time I opened SD (6.0.4) crash immediately so I re opened again.
2.- Then I start to work on my script and notice that for example if I type something that could be just tow letters and press “ENTER” to compile I need to wait several second seeing the beech ball spinning.
3.- This waiting time start to grow so fast and I count 1:30 minutes ¡!! just to compile.
4.- If I enter to the debugger mode the time between I press the “Bug” button and the moment I can work on it could be at least 35 seconds
5.- I had get several crashes when in debugger mode trying to compile I just get the spinning ball until I need to force quit the app. this happened many, many times.
6.- Many, many times also happened that I run the script, in debugger mode, the script finish it’s job and several seconds latter I hit the Run button again and I get 2 different dialog box, one that is part of my script asking for some parameter and at the same time the warning screen of SD that say that SD is running and that if I want to Stop the execution of my script; in these cases I response the dialog box of my script and then hit the Cancel button of the SD box and the script run ok, but the thing is that SD was not running at all.
7.- The time to compile could be more that a minute!!! never less tha 25 seconds.
Of course I try to save as my script and make a restart to my Mac many times to see if solve the problem, and it dose not work.
I’m so worried because if well, I’m not am every day scripter, my work on it is critical and anyway I maintain up to date my SD because of the great app it is, so how can I do? is this a problem of my Mac or not? any help would be appreciated.

Here I give some data about my configuration, if (Mark) need something please just let me know it.

MacOS 10.12.5 (16F73)
Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MM71.0220.B21
SMC Version (system): 2.24f32

Sorry, the first line of my post was missed, it mut be:
"**I bought my copy of SD6 while ago, but until now I had the necessity of edit **