ANNOUNCE: Script Debugger 7.0 (7A17)

ANNOUNCE: Script Debugger 7.0 (7A17)

A new Script Debugger 7.0 build is available. You can update to this new build within Script Debugger using the Check For Updates command in the Script Debugger menu or you can download here:

http://www.latenightsw.com/archives/beta_for_script_debugger/ScriptDebugger7.0-7A17.dmg

A major chage in this build is the introduction of Enhanced Applets. Please see the Enhanced Applet Release Notes for details.

Release Notes

Script Debugger 7 Release Notes

Enhanced Applet Release Notes

Bundle Editor Release Notes

Changes in the 7A17 build

• 830: Integrated FancyDroplet into Script Debugger as a new document type: enhanced application.

• 827: Allow Script Debugger 7 beta builds to auto-update via Sparkle.

• 547: The Open Quickly panel displays one entry for multiple search hits (name, content) on a single file. Relevance is the maximum of name or content search hits.

• 823: Advance copyright date to 2018.

• 819: Clicking a window close button while in the version browser now exits the browser.

• 818: You can now delete individual elements and element collections directly form application explorers.

• 817: You can delete sub-items items of list and records in explorers. You can also delete global variables/properties and properties of script objects from the variables explorer.

• 816: If you edit a sub-item value of a global variable (list or record), and then reset the variable’s value by re-running the script, the explorer will correctly display the list or record’s subitem values.

• 612: The Resources list contextual menu has a new menu item, Add Script Libraries Folder, which creates a Script Libraries folder in the correct directory.

• 794: Corrected a bug where the Toggle Debugging toolbar item was not available when debugging is disabled.

• 648: Code completion is again summonsed by the esc key.

• 777: Remove any existing Script Debugger.plist file when exporting as Run-Only.

1 Like

The problem I recently reported in SD 6.0.7 (6A217) does not occur in SD 7.0 (7A17). Now I get a “Signaled when the runtime stack overflows (errOSAStackOverflow:-2706)” when I try to save after a changing the text in the SD file.

I just started using SD 7.0 but one thing I noticed was when I launched 7A17 the “Open Recent” menu item showed no recent files even though the Script Debugger 6 showed many recent files.

Bill Kopp

That’s correct — they’re quite seperate apps.

BBEdit recognizes old files from previous versions in recent files. FileMaker Pro does as well. I can’t say they all do but I have seen a number of them. However it is a situation that would only come up soon after upgrading so it is not a big deal.

Bill

The difference is that SD versions have separate IDs (com.latenightsw.ScriptDebugger6 and com.latenightsw.ScriptDebugger7), whereas BBEdit uses com.barebones.bbedit regardless of the version (I presume FileMaker does the same). There are pros and cons to both approaches.

I forgot about SD versions having different IDs. That would definitely make them different applications. Thanks.

Bill