SQLite Lib Issues

I think so.

You might look at this: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox/Implement-preserve-symlink-behaviour/idi-p/211498 Or this: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Syncing-and-uploads/Symlink-to-directory-having-other-symlinks/m-p/196315#M22783

I’m setting up a new Mac from scratch and get the following error when trying to use a script applet that uses SQLite Lib2:

The bundle “FMDBAS.framework” couldn’t be loaded Number -4960

I installed SQLite Lib2 fresh from Shane’s library pack app which I freshly downloaded and have no other versions of the library in my Scripts Library folder.

Does anyone know what I need to do?

When you get the error, go to System Preferences/Settings --> Privacy & Security, find the Security section, and there should be a button that lets you grant access to FMDBAS.framework.

I’ve been playing around with this but can’t find it. The Security section only has the choice of whether to allow apps from Appstore only or App Store and recognised devs, options for Firevolt, and the new lock down mode.

I also explored all (we… most of) the sections under Privacy including developer tools, automation, accessibility, full disk access, etc, but it didn’t appear there either.

Under dev tools in privacy there is an option for Terminal, which I enabled just to test, but it had no affect.

I tried running the applet from SD, from the applet directly, and while the applet/script was still running. Couldn’t find anything.

Any other suggestions?

It only appears straight after the script generates an error.

Are you able to see it in this screen shot? Doesn’t seem to be appearing for me but perhaps I’m not looking in the right location.

It appears they’ve removed that option (or moved it somewhere I can’t find). Plan B is to try removing the quarantine info from the framework.

Is this the same quarantine for gatekeeper which experienced (other changes)(Ventura has changed app quarantine with a new xattr – The Eclectic Light Company) in Ventura?

What would I need to do to remove the quarantine info? Is there another way to open the framework (e.g. in Terminal or something) such that Gatekeeper will prompt me to allow it?

PS The framework seems to work fine in run-only applets that are already code signed and notarised etc. It’s just the dev versions being used from ScriptDebugger that seem to be having an issue. I’m getting the equivalent error with the framework used by MyriadTablesLIb as well (unsurprisingly). None of this is surprising given it’s a quarantine issue but just thought I’d add it for clarification.

To be honest, I can’t help much. The Gatekeeper prompt normally resulted in the offending quarantine attribute being removed, but I don’t see any way to invoke it. At this stage manually deleting the quarantine stuff is all I can suggest.

How would I manually delete the quarantine stuff? :grin: Sorry to have so many questions!

Does this seem like an issue discussed in this article?

Yes, it’s related to that. You can use xattr as suggested there: remove the quarantine attribute from the library package, using the recursive option.

I did xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine on the relevant frameworks inside the script library bundles, and the xattr command returned with no errors, and then quit and re-launched SD, but still got the same error with the framework unable to be loaded. I tried running the same xattr command but on the script library bundles themselves. That again returned with no errors but didn’t have any effect. I tried running the xattr command on the distribution app itself, but that returned a permission error with the main.scpt file, and again didn’t have any noticeable effect on the framework unable to be loaded error.

Any other suggestions? Am I really the only person trying to use Myriad Tables Lib and SQLiteLIb2 on Ventura?

Does Sonoma make this any easier?

I should mention that you suggested doing the command on the “library package”. I’m not exactly sure what the “library package” is exactly. I assumed the thing to do it on was the framework in Contents/Frameworks in the relevant script bundle, but perhaps that’s wrong.

Have you exported the libs from the app and placed them in ~/Library/Script Libraries?

No, I left them in the distribution applet as the instructions inside the applet didn’t say that they needed to be exported.

Should I try exporting them?

Yes, you’ll need to export them and place them in ~/Library/Script Libraries.

Okay, that’s done the trick. Was that the solution all along? :sweat_smile: Can I suggest an update to the text in the first dialog in Shane’s Script Library Pack app to say that in modern versions of the OS the library bundles need to be exported and saved in ~/Library/Script Libraries/.

Yes, apologies. I posted here when the restriction was introduced, but I didn’t change the documentation, hoping against hope that it was a temporary bug. Now it’s here for good, I need to abandon the app approach altogether.