Debugging Hazel AppleScript

I did not remove it. Looking back through my Time Machine backups, I don’t see it was there since Yosemite was the current OS.

Either way, to spare one user or potential buyer (that might not buy) the appearance that Script Debugger doesn’t work due to a simple problem that a directory might need to be created is worth the time needed to implement it. Look at all the time we’ve wasted resolving the issue.

BTW: This ~/Library/Components directory was not on ANY of my systems: MacPro, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro. (All running macOS Sierra)

I’m not arguing that Script Debugger should not do this. I’m just trying to understand if and when a change to the layout of the ~/Libraries directory happened. We’ll get this sorted out for the next Script Debugger maintenance release.

I hope I wasn’t perceived as being argumentative, my response was to satisfy your curiosity.:slight_smile:

No, not in the least. You found something totally unexpected and it took a while to sort out what was actually happening. The fix for the issue is in hand and will appear in Script Debugger 6.0.4.

Bit more info for you Mark, don’t know if this helps any.

No ~/Library/Components folder on my 10.7, 10.9 or 10.10 installs either. I don’t have SD on any of these.

On my 10.11.6 install, SD is installed and the Components folder is there. On one of my Sierra installs, the same. But on another, where I’ve only got a trial version of SD and which I don’t think I’ve even launched before just now the Components folder is missing.

That all suggests to me that the Components folder is created solely by SD. It seems that normally SD does create the needed folder, but for some reason that code is failing under certain circumstances.

Edit:

and which I don’t think I’ve even launched before just now the Components folder is missing.

I would have launched SD when I first downloaded it, but probably didn’t actually run any scripts (the Trial days remaining indicate that would have been about 11 days ago). Is it possible the code you call to install the Components is only in the first run, but also only called when a script is first compiled? If so, that might explain why its missing in some cases and not others.

So it looks like this was a regression introduced in 6.0.1 (#641). Before that SD was indeed creating the folder if it didn’t already exist.